THE EFFECT OF REWARDS AND PUNISHMENT ON THE EMPLOYEE'S EMPLOYMENT AT PT. TANIA MEDAN SERVICE INSURANCE

Al Firah, Muhammad Ishak

Abstract


ABSTRACT 

The purpose of this research is to find out the impact of reward and punishment on the performance of employees on PT. Insurance Tania Medan. A reward that is not timely and not consistent with the employee's work. Evaluation of punishment for employees repeatedly committing the same mistake. Employee performance is less optimal due to the motivation of companies that are still less optimum. The population of 40 employees remains as a saturated sample. Data collection methods are observations, interviews, documentation, questionnaires. Data analysis techniques using double linear regression. The test results t obtained Sig reward and Sig punishment values of 0,000<0.05 then the variable is distributed normally. The test result F is 17.082 and the test value Sig is 0.000<0.05 then it is simultaneously variable so that Ha is accepted and means that the variables are simultaneusly influenced by the employee performance variable. The result of the test determination coefficient (R2) on the R Square column is 0.693, then the reward variable and punishement influence employee performances variables of 69.3% and the remaining 30.7% are affected by other variables other than these regression equations or variables not studied. Employee motivation and performance provided by the company will be very useful to boost employee confidence and drive employee performance by giving rewards when employees can their goals and punishment when employees are negligent in their work.

Keywords: Reward, Punishment, Employee Performance


Full Text:

PDF

References


Busro, M. (2018). Teori-teori manajemen sumber daya manusia. Prenada Media.

ROFIQI, M. Z. R. U. R. (2021). Reward & Punishment: Konsep Dan Aplikasi. CV Literasi Nusantara Abadi.

Rosyid, M. Z. (2018). Reward & Punishment dalam Pendidikan. Literasi Nusantara.

Setyowati, R. D. E., Antariksa, Y., & Sos, S. (2021). Buku Ajar Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia.

Apriyanti, R., Bahrun, K., & Finthariasari, M. (2020). Pengaruh Kepemimpinan, Reward Dan Punishment Terhadap Kinerja Karyawan (Studi Kasus Pada PT. K3/SIL Ketahun Begkulu Utara). (JEMS) Jurnal Entrepreneur dan Manajemen Sains, 1(2), 189-194.

Asnusa, S., & Aziz, R. A. (2018). Hubungan Antara Kepemimpinan, Pelatihan, Reward, Dan Punishment Terhadap Kinerja Karyawan IIB Darmajaya. Jurnal Manajemen Magister Darmajaya, 4(02), 211-220.

Kandi, D. L. R. (2017). Pengaruh Kepemimpinan, Reward Dan Punishment Terhadap Kinerja Karyawan (Studi Kasus pada karyawan Waroeng Spesial Sambal (SS) Yogyakarta). Prodi Manajemen UPY.

Rosniyenti, R., & Wahyuni, S. (2019). Pengaruh Gaya Kepemimpinan, Reward Dan Punishment Terhadap Kinerja Pegawai Badan Pengembangan Sumber Daya Manusia Provinsi Sumatera Barat. jurnal ekonomi, 22(1), 1-11.

Savitri, Y. A. (2020). Pengaruh Kepemimpinan, Reward dan Punishment terhadap Kinerja Karyawan (Studi pada Karyawan Perusahaan Daerah Air Minum Kota Malang).




DOI: https://doi.org/10.46576/ijsseh.v4i3.3734

Article Metrics

Abstract view : 60 times
PDF – 40 times

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.


Copyright (c) 2023 Dharmawangsa: International Journal of the Social Sciences, Education and Humanitis



Dharmawangsa International Journal Indexed by:

   

  

 Member Of :

Dharmawangsa: International Journal of the Social Sciences, Education and Humanitis Published By: 

UNIVERSITAS DHARMAWANGSA

Alamat : Jl. K. L. Yos Sudarso No. 224 Medan
Kontak : Tel. 061 6635682 - 6613783  Fax. 061 6615190
Email : dharmawangsajournal@dharmawangsa.ac.id

 

 

 

JURNAL Dharmawangsa:International Journal of the Social Sciences, Education and Humanitis by Universitas Dharmawangsa Medan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Based on a work at: https://jurnal.dharmawangsa.ac.id/index.php/dharmawangsa/index